Friday, February 29, 2008

It has been a while

Oh man, I have been busy. That is no excuse for the amount of time it has taken me to post this, but hey, here it is. Let me give you a quick update. I got back from that trip I mentioned and since taken another. Here is a quick list of things I have recently done:
· Seen Central America´s tallest waterfall and painted a visitor´s center in Chilascó
· Went tubing down a river and taught a local group of indigenous people about tourism in and around Chicamán
· Went to a sugar cane farm that has an old growth pristine cloud forest and Mayan ruins that are currently being excavated by archaeologists, then gave a diagnostic presentation to the land owner about it´s potential for tourism near Uspantán
· Took a tour of a coffee farm and worked with the owners to design a name and label for the coffee in Panyebar
· Went on Central America´s longest zip line (about 33 seconds) with a view of lake Atitlán, then worked with the brand new park rangers teaching them about how to run a successful park in Sana Clara La Laguna
· Found my way onto a local basketball team and scored 12 points in our 36-32 opening game (we won)

In other words, I am working and having fun while doing it. We find out on Monday what our permanent sites are. You know, the place where I am going to spend the next two years? If it is anything like what I have seen and learned the past couple months, those two years shall be quite the experience.

I´ll get some more pictures up soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The best part of this is the basketball. I love conceptualizing you balling up a bunch of dudes you've got at least 7 inches on. Glad to hear you're busy man; that seems like the best state to be in. Stay safe.